It always an eye-opener when people just how much answering services can do beyond quickly answering phones for businesses of all sizes, across all industries. We also monitor emails, take orders and book reservations, screen employment applicants, and dispatch services. People are also surprised to know that we serve entire towns and municipalities with our express message system.
As we explored in What Is Express Messaging And Do I Need It?, express messaging is an advanced yet easy way to send emergency alerts or friendly reminders to any group of people. The system is incredibly simple to use, reliable, and affordable, so it’s a win-win for town managers.
Towns and municipalities of all sizes are turning to express messaging for effortless communication with residents. The automated message-sending platform distributes information instantly to all residents by text, email or automated calls. Towns are finding that express messaging spreads the word more effectively than traditional modes of communication, and town leaders are using the system for numerous purposes such as:
- Instant alerts for storm emergencies
- Updates and reminders about parking regulations during storm emergencies
- Disruptions in public transportation due to weather emergencies
- Neighborhood or town-wide evacuations due to a chemical spill or gas leak
- Non-urgent notifications for changes in trash collection or leaf removal procedures, and other public services
- Notifications about road closures due to construction or a wash-out bridge
- Reminders about town events such as holiday parades and community events
Town and municipality leaders are finding that the real beauty of express messaging, as discussed in 4 Ways Express Messaging Helps People Communicate, is that the system is:
- Easy—No installation of software or equipment needed on your phone or computer systems. Groups can be determined by geographical location or zip code, and residents simply sign up once through an online portal.
- Saves money—Unlimited messages and alerts are sent effortlessly and instantly, at fixed rates for unlimited messages.
- Saves time—No more wrangling phone, email, or group text lists. All messages are sent instantly, and a dashboard and transmission report tracks alerts.
- Improves participation—Residents are more responsive to instant alert or event notices.
In addition, live support is available 24/7 through a customer service representative should your internet be down or if you’re away from online access. Many town managers are also surprised to learn that there’s no limit on the number of messages they can send. Rates are fixed regardless of usage, and there’s no long-term contract or commitment.
It’s important to note that some express messaging services charge 25¢ for each text or call per person contacted, which can quickly become an expense towns hadn’t accounted for. Express messaging should affordably save you time when communicating with residential groups, whether for urgent or non-emergency matters. It’s one more surprising service that Voice Link of Columbus, Inc. offers at just $2.50 per resident—which is a one-time payment, once a year, for unlimited messages.
Voice Link offers month-to-month service agreements to meet your unique needs, with no hidden fees and no long-term commitments. Our excellent reputation, expert staff, and state-of-the-art telecommunications services will exceed your expectations. If you’d like to learn more about how Voice Link of Columbus, Inc. can partner with your town, community group, business, or institution to provide express messaging, please call us at (800) 262-2799 for a free consultation, or request information online.